Tres Besos Homestead
Vacation Rentals, Fermented Foods, Permaculture Design, Refurbished Furniture, Chinese Medicine based Health & Diet Consultations….
What we do…
Diane & Larry are the current stewards and care-givers, of the one acre food forest we call Tres Besos…
…we offer “vacation” rentals, while enjoying gardening, eating & sharing home grown food from the food forest where we live.
Moving to Mexico has helped us realize that borders only serve to separate the common people and benefit the money-hoarders.
Fermented food is one of our passions: We make our own salsas, kombucha, tepache, sauerkraut & some bread”. People generally eat more fermented foods than they realize:
- real mayonnaise (not brand)
- cheese, kefir, kombucha
- yogurt, relishes, chutney
- Worcestershire, ketchup, soy sauce, miso, tempeh … not Pickles, etc.; “pickled”= vinegar.
Permaculture Design (PCD), humane ideals & Chinese Medicine (includes pre-med western science) inform our holistic outlook on Life.
Diane: BS in Psychology & Biology, Master TCM (MTCM).
Larry: BS Solar Design, MTCM, Certified Permaculture Design Self taught Diet & Economics.
Our ongoing education is facilitated by community radio and our own follow up studies & research.
We encourage everyone to listen to & become a supporting member of local community radio &/or Pacifica, KPFA, 94.1 FM, – Berkeley, CA founded 1949
- sustainable garden based on native, perennial plants.
- canopy: nut & fruit trees.
- understory: native, culinary, medicinals, food, flowers.
- soil: mostly fungal mycelium, bacteria, insects, plant debris.
- local native plants build soil.
- we depend on healthy soil
Eat Whole Foods, mostly vegetables, & not too much.Michael Pollan
Our version: Eat mostly Cooked, Fermented, Vegetable-based, Whole Foods, Some organic meats, organs & broth And not too much per meal.
- cooked & fermented veggies
- cooked dark leafy greens
- small amounts of fruit
- small amounts of raw food
- some soaked, roasted nuts
- fermented grains & legumes
Our idea of wealth and riches:
- neighborhood food forest
- loving family
- supportive friends
- active community
- worker-owned business.
- rural area
- local, diverse small farms
- continuous learning and sharing of materials, food & honest knowledge
- optimal diet = optimal health
- participate in fun outdoor activities.
- Lots of DIY projects
- a small town we can enjoy year round & accommodate friends, family, guests, clients.
Diane & Larry met in Chinese Medical school in 1994, married & worked together in North Central Washington for 14 years, then moved to Todos Santos in January 2013.
Get In Touch
- +1 (509) 456-3730 VM
- +52 (612) 154 6064
- +52 (612) 219 5189
Email / US Voicemail is best
La Cachora #10 Calle sin Nombre
Todos Los Santos Baja California Sur, México, 23300 Baja is the Original California