As human citizens of Earth, we understand that our health directly reflects Earth’s health … AND now, due to humanity’s global impact, the Earth’s health directly reflects our health.
All life as we know it is symbiotic.
…meaning all species of life on Earth are interconnected & dependent on each other. …think of Lichens: symbiotic associations of a fungus and photosynthetic bacteria that have taken a “Lichen” to each other! 😇
AND lichens happen to be one of the oldest, if not THE oldest, forms of multicellular life on Earth. Evidence dates back around 400 million years. Dinosaurs were here about 250 mya.
Ask any biologist: A “Bio” conference some years ago determined that every “individual” organism is actually a community of life. Since each “individual” is mostly made up of viruses, bacteria, fungi & nematodes, we are not actually “individual beings”.
Considering that each “individual” is symbiotic with and dependent on all the other species that live on & in it (us) and all around each entity everywhere on Earth, “I” am a “we” and so are you all.
…therefore science can no longer recognize “individuals” and thus “individual” species without considering their interactions with and dependence on the community of life that that “individual” represents. So life is “communal”.
This means Nature is “communist” 🤗 which also means it is generally democratic:
It turns out that all large, ancient cities discovered so far (5-10,000 BCE) show no apparent signs of hierarchical control according to archeological findings over the past 30 years: The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity by David Graeber.
Like most ancient human cultures, communal/socialized cultures lived via localized/decentralized controls; NOT like Russia or China which are actually centralized State run capitalist economies verses the USA (“the West”) et. al. which are privately controlled, centralized, capitalist economies (via private decisions of private business owners). Russia, China, etc., are not socialist or communist in the true sense of these economic/political systems per basic economics. Read more here.
My sources for this information are community supported radio shows on KPFA where i learned of Professor Richard Wolff and at Democracy @ Work. and Yanis Varoufkis former Finance Minister of Greece and others like them who, like Carl Marx, critically explain the whole story of capitalism.
Why bring all this up? …because it all affects our health and that of all life on Earth: democracy & diversity are unifying aspects of symbiotic life that allow for freedom and natural uncontrolled evolution in a stable natural system that is messy and not based on the profits of the “1%”.
… verses capitalism which is a form of totalitarian (dictatorial) control that under threat of violence forces life into a system of “resource” exploitation for the huge profits of a few big-money hoarders. This system whether State or Private is controlled via a small group of maybe 3-5000 people globally – all major economic decisions, nationally and internationally are made by them in private, behind closed doors, and the general population has no say. This is why employment is divisive. Employees make money for the employers and get no share of and no say in the profits. This is also why we are in the state of global catastrophe we have today.
We offer onsite diet & health consultations as retired practitioners of Chinese Medicine with the above ideals making personal, local & global connections:
- CM based holistic health & diet consultations.
- Tai Qi and Tea Connoisseur Classes (requires preplanning, please email requests).
- Local contacts with other modality practitioners.
- Additional fees may apply via cash or trade
- By appointment only
Todos Santos has practitioners of massage, Yoga, Tai Qi, Naturopathy, Herbology, chiropractors, counselors of various types as well as cooking & art classes etc. …
We met, in 1994 at Five Branches University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, where we obtained Master’s Degrees in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MTCM).
- Larry Kulick, and Diane Sheffield are Self-employed worker-owner, stewards of Tres Besos Homestead.
- Diane and Larry have been married & in business together since 1998.
- Diane has a double BS in Biology & Psycology
- Larry has certification in Permaculture Design (PCD), 15 yrs in Tai Qi & BS Solar Home Design.
- The red Chinese symbol says “Mei How Jun Jio” Chinese version of “Methow Acupuncture Clinic” which in Chinese means “Beautiful Medicine”
Our Tai Qi/Qi Gong classes are focused on Tai Qi principles that give you something to use in daily life:
Tai Qi teaches basic body mechanics that gives us ways to lift things & move the body in ways that minimize low-back impact, keeping weight centered on the biggest muscles in your body: the quadriceps.
Here Larry demonstrates the extension of the movement called “Wave Hands Like Clouds” under Sand Dune Arch at Arches National Park, Moab, UT.
Below is the Five Principle of Tai Qi in one sentence – derived from the teachings of Chen Man Qing:
Tai Qi teaches mind, body, spiritual balance through a relaxed root dealing with pain through non-violently action appropriately responding to given situations… This is the Five Principle of Tai Qi in one sentence.
- $4.00 USD for our CM based Dietetics Guide.
- $20.00 for all of our information on details and issues regarding diet.
- $60.00 USD or trade equivalent per hour
- in-person or phone consultation.
- Contact us with your request and we will reply with details.
Some of our favorite resources:
- Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition, by Paul Pitchford, 2002, now on his Third Edition with over 500,000 copies sold. North Atlantic Books.
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats, by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, PhD, Revised Second Edition, 2001. New Trends Publishing.
- Be sure to read the first 90 pages thoroughly for a basic but high level education on the truth about nutrition & health maintenance.
- This is the first in a series of books by these two amazing women.
- Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol. Mary G. Enig, Ph.D. Bethesda Press, 2000.
- Dr Enig’s Ph.D was in Nutritional Science with a focus on lipids (fats).
- Decolonize Your Diet: Plant Based Mexican-American Recipes for Health and Healing, by Luz Calvo and Catriona Rueda Esquibel, 2015 Arsenal Pulp Press.
- Eat Mexico: Recipes From México City’s Streets, Markets & Fondas by Lesley Téllez, 2015. Kyle Books.
- KPFA. 94.1 FM Berkeley, CA, www.kpfa.org, offers many shows providing non-capitalist, uncensored news & information on health care and the politics thereof.
🌎 ¡Vive La Madre Tierra! 🌎